Thursday 30 December 2010

M6CTI Foundation licence Holder since 1st November 2010

My Blog is always being up dated so please Call Back or become a follower

I have been in the Hobbie of radio since the age of 13 i am now 46.
I started in the Hobbie by playing with SW radios at the age of 13.
I then progressing onto two way communications i.e 11m CB radio.
I think a lot of Ham radio operators started off useing CB Radio.

I left the two way communications side of the hobbie.
When I got married and we had three sons i then had Family commitments
But i have always kept an keen interest in radio and monitoring the SW bands and i was always monitoring the Amateur radio bands and thorght one day i will take the relevent exam and get My Amateur radio licence. Well My son,s are now grown up aged 22 + 20 + 18 and doing there own things. so i now have some spare time on my hands to get back into the Radio Hobbie again.

Well Hear i am i passed My Foundation licence on 27th october 2010 and I now hold the call sign M6CTI as of the 1st november 2010.

It is Now November 2011 and a Full year i have Held my Foundation Licence. in my First Year
i have spent most of my time DXing on 80m/40m/20m/15/12m/10m and I have Logged almost 1000 contacts from around the world. 
Also in my first year i have become interested and  Echolink  /  IRLP
I have used  Echolink & IRLP Via my computer Via my Iphone and aslo used My Yaesu FT847 I have had some great Contacts useing these systems in to various countrys like Japan  Baghdad Iraq  Indonesia e.c.t i dont fully class these systems as true Ham radio But they are still very interesting communications Systems to use


                           Portable DX Location
This Location would also be Perfect for working amateur Satellite,s

 K2CIB/M West Palm Beach Florida qso M6CTI 5w Via  KQ2H  NewYork Repeater
     This is the proof just how good the opening,s have been on 10m

                My shack working conditions are as follows.
                For The HF Bands i use the following Set up
Kenwood TS480HX  this is used for working the HF Band + the 6m band
The Kenwood TS-480 is run through a SGC MAC-200 Auto smart tuner

Antennas i use for HF are a  Horizontal Delta loop this i made from a full size G5RV this works realy well at my location due to the limmited space i have for antennas All so i use a Solarcon A99 for 10m12m15m Bands. This works very well on these Bands But it is Tuned For 10m also in the photo next to the solarcon A99 is A Watson W2000 Tri Band Colinier for 6m2m70cm. if you click and view the full size image you you can just make out the delta loop.
For Working  2m 70cm 6m & Amateur Communications satalites I have the Following Set up

Yaesu FT-847 EarthStation will be used for 2m 70cm 6m bands i also intend useing this for working amateur satalites. when i get around to building a Dedicated antenna For Satellite use
Antenna,s i use for these bands are A Watson W2000 Tri Band Antenna. This is mounted at a Hight of around 35ft. The Yaesu FT-847 is computer controled by HamRadio Deluxe software and digital master 780 With Satellite Tracking

I also Have An Electronic Weather Forcast Monitoring Station installed in my shack so i can Keep a watch on the Weather conditions. I also use various computer software Programs to monitor Solar Terestrial data to keep an open eye on how the conditions are

For Mobile i will Now be useing the Yaesu FTM-350 R/E With APRS navigation/ 2m / 70cm Hear are the Five main displays on the FTM350 Display Colour can be changed as well

This View on the Display shows the Standard Duel Band operation
    This View on the Display shows the Navigation Heading ALTI & speed
           This View on the Display shows the Time and Date
        This View on the Display shows the Barometric Display  
This View on the Display Shows how many Satelites are locked on to the FTM-350
I Have only owned the Yaesu FTM350 R/E since 14/12/2011 so far it has proved to be a very capible tranceiver. i have had the APRS tracking running with exelent results there are many more functions i am yet to explore on this radio and i will up date this as i become more used to the radio
These two Eqsl Card are my first Confirmed APRS Contacts Via
The International Space Station
RS0ISS Message Board System
Useing the FTM350 Power just 5w
Antenna Watson W2000
                                                                                                     
The Mobile antenna i will use with the FTM-350  is The Diamond MR77 this i will change at some point for a high gain antenna for better range e.c.t
I  also have a Watson Multi Ranger 9 and a Watson Tri Magmount for working HF when mobile

These are a couple of photo,s taken of my portable set up at a recent field day trip to Wabury Hill Combe. That lo cloud would just not lift and the day was a total wash out but i still managed a few qso,s...    in the two photo,s showing my Yaesu FT-847 and also my Yaesu FT-7800E it looks like the radio,s have a problem with there display,s.
This is the camera and lighting and not the radio display




                                                                                                                       I Will Add A Copy Of All Eqsl Cards That I Receive To My Blog Page.
                     I Always Return My own Eqsl Card











































               








                                                                                                                                                                




















Fly Like an Eagle and your Spirit Will Be Free

No comments:

Post a Comment